I'd like to have a regular feature where I share a recipe with you. I'm going to (try to) post a new recipe every Wednesday.
This week, I thought I'd share one of our family's absolute faves! We have this about once a month. I got this recipe from a friend at a MOPS meeting several years ago and I'm so glad I did!
These ingredients can be changed to suit your family's tastes so use this as a guideline. Use loose measurements or switch to light versions, it's up to you.
Take some spaghetti noodles...
Cut up some chicken...
Throw in some yummy stuff to make a sauce...
Toss in some veggies and you're done!
8 oz. spaghetti noodles
1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bit size pieces
3/4 cup Italian dressing, divided
1 tbsp. peanut butter
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. soy sauce
red pepper to taste
2 tbsp. sesame oil
carrots, peeled and shredded
green onions, chopped
*You can use whatever fresh veggies you have on hand but that's what we usually use.
1. Marinate chicken in 1/4 cup Italian dressing for a few hours. The longer, the better. What I like to do is throw mine in the crockpot all day with the dressing so it can cook and marinate at the same time. Less work so I can focus on other things and dinner doesn't take as long.
2. Toss your spaghetti noodles in boiling water and allow them to cook.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together remaining 1/2 cup Italian dressing, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce and rep pepper.
4. In a non-stick pan, saute veggies and chicken in sesame oil for a few minutes. If you haven't cooked your chicken ahead of time, make sure that you cook it all the way through in this step.
5. Drain spaghetti and return to pot. Add chicken and veggies and coat with dressing mixture. Stir it up really well and you're done!
So easy and so delicious! We always make a double batch so we can have leftovers for lunch. Enjoy!