I need some perspective. We have three kids in "stairstep" fashion (less than 2 years apart) girl, boy, girl. Currently, we have 2 rooms and the girls share one room while my son has his own room. We'There trying to spruce them up a little bit this summer but before we do, we need to decide on something. The kids have been begging for a while to break up the arrangement that we have. My oldest is dying to have her own room while and let the younger two share a room. We have gone back and forth on the issue and aren't sure what to do.
- The kids all want to do this, even the younger two, although S is the only one who hasn't changed her mind at all. The younger two have gone back and forth once or twice.
- The younger two are closer in age and generally have more in common. They play together all the time.
- As the oldest, I think Skylar should be able to get her own room if possible.
- Sky prefers her room tidy while the younger two don't really care either way--sharing would cut down on arguing between the girls.
- Fighting--E and M fight a lot, but they also make up quickly.
- E and M are 8 and 6 now--when they are older they might be uncomfortable sharing a room.
- If they do share a room, would need to think of neutral themed makeover on their room. Although they're both nuts about Star Wars so there's that lol.
How do you feel about boys and girls sharing a room? What would you do in our situation?